EARLY SIGNS OF PREGNANCY: HOW TO TELL IF YOU ARE PREGNANT | BY STAR OF BABY
By Star of Baby
Symptoms of pregnancy can vary from woman to woman. A woman can experience every common symptom, just a few or none at all. Here we will talk about some symptoms that tell you, you are pregnant!!
The most common early sign of pregnancy: You missed the period!!!
Of course, it doesn’t always mean you are pregnant, whenever you missed your periods. Sometimes stress and some hormonal imbalance are the causes of the delays in periods. Your menstrual cycle prepares your body for a possible pregnancy each month. Thickening of the uterus is also a part of pregnancy. At this place, a fertilized egg implants to begin the pregnancy.
If you are pregnant, the lining of your uterus (endometrium) stays there and you don’t get a normal flow. This is the reason, a missed period is often the earliest sign of pregnancy.
Related content: How to terminate early pregnancy?
Other common early signs of pregnancy:
- Spotting or slight bleeding: Studies show, more than 25% of women experience slight bleeding, which is lighter in colour than normal. It is common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. This usually happens during the time of implantation of the fertilized egg.
- High body temperature: The Basal Body Temperature (BBT) rises instantly after ovulation. Of course, your temperature could be high due to other reasons but if it remains high for more than the time of few weeks then it could be an early sign of pregnancy. If you are pregnant the BBT may remain elevated rather than dripping back down.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is a common early pregnancy sign. It happens due to the sudden change in hormone level that increases progesterone. Some of the women experience fatigue before they know, they’re pregnant.
- Swollen, tender breast: Hormonal changes can make the breast sore and tingling. Breasts feel heavier and fuller. A woman may notice this sign as early as 1 or two weeks after conception.
- Frequent urination: In the first few weeks of pregnancy, the body produces a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, which increases the blood flow to the pelvic space and makes the women urinate more than usual. This sign is more often throughout the pregnancy.
Also read Is it safe to drink decaffeinated coffee during pregnancy?
- Abdominal pain and cramps: However one can experience abdominal pain and cramps during or before periods but this also can be an early sign of pregnancy. Implantation cramps feel different from period cramps and occur with or without spots.
- Mood swings: As an early sign of pregnancy, one can experience mood swings. Sometimes she is the happiest one while sometimes she is the annoying one. She may feel sensitive and weepy more often while other times she may feel all the happiness around her. Changing in mood is most common during pregnancy and is possibly noticeable. It happens due to the sudden burst of oestrogen and progesterone in the body.
- Dizziness: Due to the change in blood flow, woman experience dizziness as an early sign of pregnancy. During pregnancy, blood pressure decreases and increases all of the sudden and this is the main reason women feel dizziness during pregnancy.
- Nausea and vomiting: This morning sickness can happen at any time of day or night. This symptom can remain throughout the pregnancy. This sign of early pregnancy can set as early as two weeks after conception and right around the time you miss your periods.
- Food cravings or aversions: Sudden cravings are common throughout the pregnancy. It happens due to hormonal changes that affect the taste buds. These aversions can last the entire pregnancy or vary throughout this period.
Also read : Blood clots after pregnancy.
Sometimes these symptoms are not valid as a symptom or an early sign of pregnancy. As we said early these symptoms vary from woman to woman and many of them experience all these after conception. It is also seen that many women experience all these early signs of pregnancy but they don’t get pregnant.